Do you want to play a role in defining the future of online interaction? Memória Visual is looking for a stellar interactive designer with plenty of talent and creativity to help us on this ambitious journey.
Our projects hit the limelight on Mashable and CNN Money and are growing fast, with over a million unique visitors per month. We’re expanding to several countries in Europe and like to break boundaries in design and technology for the web. We are based in sunny Portugal and the job is on-location only.
You will have the opportunity to define and create the design for a new community portal, and, like a Matryoshka, tackle other challenges lying within, such as displaying real-time information and working with mobile and iPad apps. You’ll deliver this with remarkable aesthetics and mandatory usability.
Inspiring? Here’s our recipe for success…
What you’ll do:
- Define and create the design for our new portal, from concept to release
- Be in charge of user experience, working closely with product development
- Go beyond the news feed, create new concepts for web social interaction, or;
- Social games and apps for mobile and emerging platforms like iPad
- Focus on outstanding design, working with engineering team who handle coding
- Work hard in a fast pace (but friendly) environment
A good starting point:
- Passionate about the web and latest technologies
- Fanatical attention to detail, down to the pixel
- College degree in design or related field, preferably with interactive experience
- Solid understanding of information architecture and usability for web interfaces
- Expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Create projects that get talked about and touch the lives of many people
- Live in a tech oasis with fitness center, tennis, football courts (and a grove)
- Like open source and the web
- Export technology to partner companies in Europe
- Like the art of looking sideways