Punchkick Interactive Inc. | Chicago, IL, United States
Punchkick is hiring! Punchkick Interactive Inc. is looking for interactive and user interface designers to join our full-service creative agency. We’re seeking experienced designers who pay close attention to how products look, as well as how they work. Ideal candidates can turn project requirements into pencil sketches, sketches to interactive wireframes, and wireframes into pixel-perfect designs. From concept to execution, designers work closely with strategists and developers to craft best-in-class iOS and Android applications, mobile websites, and mobile web apps.
By working at Punchkick Interactive, you’re joining a team who turns the world’s most recognized brands into leaders of the mobile space. You’ll have a hand in shaping the future of mobile products, while working at an agile, fast-growing company with an incredibly tight-knit group of people.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for the brightest and most creative people to join our team. We want quick learners who are committed to embracing the mobile space and who can effectively utilize all new technologies. We also want caring individuals who can thrive in a collaborative and mutually supportive environment.
More specifically, in terms of an interactive designer, here’s what we’re looking for:
- At least 3+ years experience in a design-related position.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Web Design, or related field.
- Excellent eye for detail and an absolute commitment to making sure features are well implemented and bug free.
- Proficient knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite.
- A strong design portfolio with an aesthetic for clean and clear design.
- Strong understanding of human-computer interaction in regards to UI design.
Mobile web and native application design experience.
Front-end web knowledge ( HTML, CSS, JS).
Experience with version control systems.
Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues.
Cherry on the cake! We have many perks:
- 18 days paid vacation that roll over from year to year. Not to mention the additional 8 paid holidays per year.
- Daily flex start times where employees can be in between 8:00 am and 10:00 am. Also, half day Fridays during the summer time.
- 70% of healthcare, vision, and dental coverage. Life-insurance policy and long-term disability coverage provided at no cost.
- A highly-tuned local developer environment with bleeding-edge technology adoption. Test-driven development that praises coding standards always occurs. Every desk is equipped with a tricked-out iMac with 12 gigs of RAM along with dual monitors.
- Downtown River North location within a three-minute walk to the red line, seven-minute walk to the brown, green orange, purple, and pink lines, and a ten-minute walk to the blue line. Two-minute walk to dozens of restaurants, and less than one block from both a Starbucks and a 7- Eleven.
We are asking for two items, outlined below. When we hire we want to hire for life. We are not just hiring a co-workers, we are adding a member to our family.
- Your resume.
- Portfolio. Please submit samples of your work that best demonstrate your skills and experience. Submit your portfolio electronically either be sending a PDF enclosure (no more than 6 MB) or by sending a URL where it can be viewed. Please do not send CDs, hard copies or original materials, as we do not return samples.