Interactive Designer [Mid / Senior]
Gatorworks is seeking a versatile web designer to join our team!
Gatorworks is an integrated web design studio that offers strategic content, bold design and solid development.
We work in a relaxed and open environment (no cubicles or walls) with the option for collaborative discussions and feedback on all projects. Every team member has the opportunity to lend to the project, both creatively and expertly. Our unique opinions and viewpoints lead to a more powerful and strategic end product.
What we’re looking for in a candidate
Our ideal candidate is a problem-solver with a can-do attitude and excitement for new challenges. Additionally, he or she should be driven in building their development skills and passionate about the future of web design. We’re looking for someone who stays up-to-date on the trends of web development, and can recognize good design and aesthetic elements.
As a mid-level interactive designer you will work with our creative director, copywriter, interactive hybrid and senior web developer on a variety of different web development projects. Because our creative studio deals with a wide variety of projects, our web developers are multifaceted and adaptable to numerous project requirements.
While our work is our passion, we know that all work and no play would make for a dull company. Culture is important to us. We enjoy weekly outings as a team and the occasional friendly video game competition. Every now and again we like to refresh ourselves on zombie survival techniques for the probable upcoming apocalypse.
- At least 3 years experience as a designer working in an interactive agency setting
- Proficient in all aspects of the interactive process: sketches/wireframes, concept layouts, web mockups, etc.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team, serious about deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to manage and work directly with clients
- Experience turning visual mockups into semantic and standard compliant HTML/CSS
- General understanding of web page optimization techniques
- Experience with using Wordpress as a CMS
What you’ll get
- You’ll get to work with a team of creative, passionate people who build custom web applications for a diverse set of industries and clients
- Relaxed office only an hour from New Orleans
- Great work-life balance
- Flexible Hours
- Competitive base salary depending on experience
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
How to apply
Please send an e-mail to titled 'Web Designer Application' with the following items attached: brief cover letter explaining why you're the right candidate, resume, and online portfolio showcasing your designs.