Do you pride yourself in producing clean, creative designs, and have a knack for user psychology? Do people find it surprising that you can fit both your creative and technical sensibilities into one brain?
Prolific Interactive (http://www.prolificinteractive.com) is looking for an Interactive Designer/Developer to come on and help us take on an ever-increasing flow of projects for big brands and awesome startups, as well as a handful of internal projects. Our work largely consists of iPhone apps, Facebook apps and pages, and interactive sites. Our clients include MTV, AOL, NBA, BIG EAST, Scholastic, XXL Magazine, and CC Sabathia.
Currently small and versatile, we have recently moved into the heart of New York’s Digital District and are just about bursting at the seams with all of the work we have. You will be joining a rapidly growing company with the expectation that you will help us manage this growth and perpetuate the culture that has gotten us this far: constant learning and improvement, a cerebral yet open approach to brainstorming, and also the periodic “Watch This”, the phrase we say when we’re about to demolish expectations.
- Collaborate with team to conceptualize, strategize, and plan projects
- Design wireframes and mockups for both mobile and web
- Write clean, semantic XHTML markup and stylesheets
- Develop custom Wordpress themes
- Testing and debugging
- Being Prolific
The perfect fit for this position will have:
- A portfolio showcasing some recent, beautiful work
- Solid experience with XHTML, CSS, and browser quirks
- Ability to develop Wordpress themes and write simple PHP scripts
- Some MySQL experience
Nice things to also bring to the table:
-PHP frameworks (i.e. Kohana, CodeIgniter)
- Ruby and Ruby frameworks (i.e. Rails, Sinatra)
- Git and development workflow best practices
- OOP & code reusability