Interactive Art Director
Scripps Networks Interactive is looking for a mid-level art director to join its creative team supporting Food properties, including Food Network and the CookingChannel.com.
The art director’s work will span web, syndication, social and mobile and will work closely with the Design Director as well as with Editorial and Product teams to meet day-to-day needs.
He/she is expected to be very hands on, while managing a team of designers.
This role is for a foodie who highly enjoys cooking and can bank on his/her direct understanding of users needs to deliver solutions that are beautiful, entertaining and simple to use.
- Degree in interactive and/or communication design.
- Editorial design background a must (at least 3 years). Experience in well-known publication design (books and magazines) is a plus.
- Outstanding portfolio of online work with high-profile projects led from beginning to completion.
- Minimum 7 years of design professional experience and at least 2-3 as an art director with direct reports * Superb oral and written communication skills and ability to inspire others.
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including inDesign. CCS and HTML.
- Understanding of capabilities of HTML5.
- Understanding of site design across multiple platforms, responsive design and media query techniques is desired.
- Sustained, proven interest for food-making and sharing sites and tools.