Interaction and UI Designer
We’re Amazon for services.
Hundreds of thousands of consumers visit Thumbtack every month looking to find and book local services — everything from house cleaners and Hindi tutors to wedding photographers and general contractors. Consumers get access to our massive network of service professionals, who in turn can market their businesses by listing with us. Thumbtack makes money on the marketplace transactions between these buyers and sellers.
Some stats: 800k monthly visits, 500k users signed up, and 230k active service professionals.
Join us to design the marketplace of the future.
We’re hiring an Interaction & UI Designer
Want to make your mark as a designer? This is your spot. Thumbtack is not just a toy product or a dream. It’s a real service operating at scale, and what you make will have real and immediate impact.
For two years we focused on backend tools and building a huge network of businesses around the country. We feel like we have yet to hit v1 of our product. If you think our website is already beautiful, we don’t want you. We want someone who sees a thousand flaws and can imagine how much better our design and user experience can be.
You’ll work directly with product engineers and our business team to conceptualize, design, and prototype new products and features.
- Strong portfolio with examples of self-started projects
- Exceptional visual talent that explains ideas with sketches and wireframes
- Ability to prototype and build what you design, HTML & CSS are strongly encouraged
- Communication skills that can deftly articulate your decisions
- Real curiosity for user experience and crafting products that delight
- Self-starter (we really mean this)
- We hire talent, not pedigree or years of experience
- Knowledge of PHP, Python, or other scripting languages
- Mobile design/development experience
- Active in the design community
- You should know your way around a whiteboard, know how to push pixels, and be comfortable explaining your ideas with CSS. You will communicate well and work hard.
Together we will make the future awesome.
So many good reasons:
- Job security: we’re a real business, are funded, and have half a million users
- Work with great people who care immensely and who will want to become your friends
- Home-cooked meals daily by our gracious and talented chef (as seen in Esquire)
- Weekly dinners serve plenty of wine and pasta and metaphysical debate
- Beautiful warehouse office in SoMa, a block from Blue Bottle, near Powell BART
- Competitive compensation, full benefits, and relocation assistance
- Help hundreds of thousands of mom & pop, independent professionals find work. We receive emails weekly from our users, thanking us for bringing them work that helps pay their bills and put gas in their cars
How to apply
To apply: http://www.thumbtack.com/jobs
Our food: http://www.thumbtackfood.com
More about Thumbtack: www.thumbtack.com