ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
EA was founded over 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favourites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
Do you live and breathe UX? Electronic Arts is seeking an experienced Interaction Designer to join our online product team. Reporting to the Design Director, the Interaction Designer is responsible for creating world-class user experiences for EA.com and Origin, EA’s new direct-to-consumer platform.
We seek versatility, thorough attention to detail, and empathy for our users’ needs. You should be obsessed with design, and you should thrive in a highly collaborative and iterative product environment.
• Working closely with UX leadership, product managers, visual designers and producers to define UI requirements
• Creating wireframes, storyboards, prototypes and other deliverables
• Scoping and managing multiple concurrent design tracks
• Working with usability researchers to collect and react to user feedback
• 3+ years practicing user experience design
• Demonstrable expertise in interaction design principles and tools (wireframes, storyboards, personas, mental models, etc)
• Solid understanding of usability, heuristic evaluation and ability to suggest improvements
• Strong prototyping capabilities
• Clean design sense is a plus, but this is not a visual design position
• Sensitivity to brand guidelines
• Up-to-date knowledge of online product trends and best practices
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Passion for gaming is a big plus
Please include portfolio URL in your resume.