Join the HipChat team and be part of the next great thing in real time team collaboration. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new business being built within Atlassian.
As our Infrastructure Engineer, you will be helping to design and implement scalable systems that keep HipChat’s backend infrastructure running smoothly, experiment with and tests innovative architecture improvements and participate in an on-call rotation.
The ideal candidate is innovative, ambitious, self-motivated and keenly interested in collaborating with an awesome team.
You’re a great fit if:
- You’ve taught your dog to respond to ‘sudo’.
- You can be found idling in many IRC channels on Freenode.
- You’re passionate about shipping beautiful products with intuitive UI.
- You know how to defeat Little Bobby Tables and his friends.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously.
- You prefer Red Vines to Twizzlers (or can defend your position).
- You’re anti-bullshit.
- Working with the team to design and build scalable systems
- Planning and executing projects around our critical production systems
- Monitoring, maintaining and optimizing those systems
- Working closely with developers and other staff to solve operational issues with our applications
- Scheduling, coordinating and communicating maintenance windows for critical systems
- Ensuring the security of our critical systems
- Experience administering large-scale web applications on modern platforms (Apache, Nginx, PHP, Rails, Django, etc)
- Experience automating large scale deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems (Puppet, cfengine, Chef, Capistrano, Fabric, etc)
- Experience administering mission-critical Linux production servers (Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc)
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Python or Ruby
- Ability to maintain, monitor and optimize production database servers (MySQL, CouchDB, Redis, memcached, etc)
- Ability to carry out monitoring and performance metrics analysis using common monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti, Munin, Ganglia, Hyperic, etc)
- Experience with hosted environments and remotely collocated production systems
- Knowledge of best practices relating to security, performance, monitoring
- Production experience working with load balancers, master/slave architectures, sharding, job queues
- 2+ years experience specifically with hosted operations
- 5+ years software development experience
How to apply
Please apply online via our website at: