We are looking for a person who has passion for web usability and is interested in the intersection of business strategy and digital strategy. From concept to implementation, you care about every detail, while keeping the big picture in mind.
We offer rich opportunities for you to learn and grow, be challenged, and find passion in your work. Be a part of a smart, nice team who thinks having fun and being creative are some of the key ingredients to your and our success.
This is a freelance position working primarily off-site with occasional team meetings in our Tribeca office. After a trial period, this position could segue to full-time for the right fit.
As Information Architect, you are able to grasp the business challenges faced by our clients, while also understanding user pain points and potential solutions to bring usability and business into alignment. Working with interactive designers and strategists, you will be developing UX/UI approaches that speak to both the clients’ business goals and user needs, something you are able to express both in written form and in front of the client.
You also work well as a team member on an account and understand how teams & web process operate.
• 2+ years experience as an information architect (or related experience/education)
• Ability to run the IA phase of a project independently and create compelling UX approaches represented in your site maps, user flows, and wireframes
• Ability to collaborate with interactive designers to improve design solutions
• Ability to synthesize findings from user research, stakeholder interviews, industry research, and competitive analysis
• Strong understanding of usability principles
• Knowledge of usability testing methodologies, from guerrilla testing to more formal testing, a definite plus. Experience doing testing & research an extra plus
• Desire and interest in staying up to date in the field on new technologies, design trends, and methodologies, etc.
• Visio expert; Axure prototyping familiarity (in order to help communicate UX ideas/sketches) a plus
• Experience in a top interactive agency a plus
• Financial services experience and subject matter expertise a BIG plus
• Have ‘multitasking ability’ ingrained in your DNA
• Personal commitment to help your teammates and contribute to a great working culture
• Obsessive focus on quality and best results
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills