IXL Learning seeks a creative, talented illustrator to join our design team immediately. As an Illustrator at IXL, you will work closely with the user interface design team to create illustrations and icons for our suite of Web products. In addition, you will contribute to the graphic design of both Web and print marketing projects. This is a full-time position.
- Interpret project requirements and specifications to create illustrations, icons, and Flash animations for use in client-facing Web applications.
- Edit and improve existing illustrations.
- Work with the marketing team to create graphics for promotional e-mails, online ads, direct mail pieces, print ads, and marketing collateral.
- Prepare mock-ups for implementation by slicing images and creating style guides.
- Quick sketching ability.
- Solid foundation in color, lighting, form, concept, composition, and basic illustration techniques.
- Ability to identify and define visual design issues and solutions, and to incorporate feedback from members of the design, product management, and marketing teams.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate both visually and verbally.
- Ability to copy and interpret other illustrator’s styles’.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash.
- Experience creating Flash animations.
- Experience in print design.
- Experience illustrating in vectors.
- Proven ability to organize your tasks and manage multiple design requests.
This role is also being offered as a contract position. For the Illustrator – Contract position, apply here: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=oEbhXfwN&s=smashingmag
Please include a link to your portfolio and work samples in your resume or cover letter.
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products. Our flagship product, IXL, is our statement about what math practice ought to be. In just three years, it’s become the world’s most popular subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our other products include Quia Web, the original ‘create-your-own’ website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for world-languages courses.
How to apply
Join us! For the Illustrator position, apply here: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=oFdyVfw5&s=smashingmag. Please include a link to your portfolio and work samples in your resume or cover letter.