Hadoop, Natural Language - Algorithm Developer
OneRiot is the leading social advertising network.
We partner with big brands and media companies to reach millions of social influencers across an exclusive network of top Twitter apps, mobile apps, social networks and content discovery sites. Campaigns with OneRiot build brand awareness, community engagement and drive viral social sharing.
OneRiot is a privately held company, headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Our investors include Spark Capital, Commonwealth Capital Partners and Appian Ventures. Our team is full of self-motivated go-getters who are given creative license to measurably drive the business forward. If you like the sound of that, come join us.
OneRiot is now seeking a Hadoop, Natural Language – Algorithm Developer to join our top-class team.
Analyze data to identify trends and create new features to better characterize users (demographics, interests, geo, etc) for improving OneRiot’s ad targeting and performance.
• MS or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computational Linguistics, or other related fields or equivalent work experience.
• Passion for collecting and interpreting large quantities of data.
• Machine learning, clustering algorithm, Pig Latin/Hadoop development experience with large amounts of textual data.
• Thorough, detail oriented, driven, and analytical.
• 5+ years of web log analysis.
• Expertise with statistical machine-learning techniques.
• Fluent in Perl or Python.
• Ability to clearly communicate the findings to management, product, and engineering teams.
It would be great if you also have:
• Used Twitter API and analyzed Twitter usage patterns.
• Experience with other MapReduce algorithms.
• Relational Database / SQL experience.
• PHP, Java or C++ coding experience.
• Experience with R, Matlab, or Mathematica.
Base salary commensurate with experience:
• Competitive performance-related bonus
• Options package
• Health Insurance and full benefits