HTML & CSS Coder / Front End Developer
Net Communities is currently looking for an experienced HTML & CSS Coder and AJAX/JS Developer to join their vibrant team in London Bridge.
We are a technology business that publishes a successful tech-news website, but we also sell these audiences directly to the brands, through our advertising network.
The Front-End Developer will join at an exciting time as the company is experiencing an impressive period of growth.
You will be given a great chance to grow with their team of expert back-end developers and creative graphic & UX designers.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s user interfaces.
Working closely with designers you’ll use semantic mark-up language like XTMTL/CSS to turn static Photoshop designs into working browser-based web pages.
You’ll also work closely with server-side developers to implement their server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites.
As a Front-End Developer you’ll also be responsible for:
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Contributing to the company development standards working closely with the Project Leader or Project Manager.
- Discussing technical solutions with colleagues and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies. You’ll keep team members informed with a view to incorporating these in future projects.
- A knowledge of HTML/CSS3 and mobile interface design or an enthusiasm to learn it would be advantageous
- Cross-browser coding experience with understanding of code optimisation
- Proficient Photoshop user (ability to implement identical coding based on PSD files – works as per W3C standards)
- Knowledge of SEO or semantic mark-up will be an advantage
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Experience with Django template syntax, WordPress templates or Smarty
- Knowledge of HTML Email best practice desirable
- Experience working with version control systems such as SVN
- Some experience in AJAX techniques
- A passion for Technology, Gadgets, Social Media, Advertising and Design