Best Boy Entertainment is a fast growing and future-oriented company based in St. John’s, Newfoundland. We make TV series, movies, games and cool interactive stuff, and we market and distribute it all ourselves. We have full-time staff of 32, ranging from accountants to programmers, executives to animators. Best Boy Media is the new Interactive Media division of Best Boy. We develop games and experiment with Augmented Reality and other cutting edge technologies.
Best Boy Entertainment is primarily a company of young, talented, enthusiastic individuals, with a strong foundation of highly successful and experienced senior staff and consultants. Some advantages of working with Best Boy include:
- Relocation allowance
- Competitive salary
- 3 weeks vacation
- Casual dress code
- Award winning production company
- Innovative, fun & energetic culture
- Augmented Reality content creation
- Opportunity to expand your skills into other areas of interest, including game or film production
As a Web/Graphic Designer with Best Boy Media, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a number of high quality web sites for various Best Boy properties. The ideal candidate will be creative and self-directed, with a minimum of 1 to 2 years experience as a web designer. A background in graphic design is essential and social media experience is an asset.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Lead Developer and in-house media team to launch multi-platform digital content. Along with key responsibilities the position may also involve assisting with game design, multimedia efforts, print design, illustration or additional tasks deemed appropriate by Best Boy Media.
This is a full-time position in St. John’s, NL, one of Canada’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
- Design and Implement high quality web sites
- Design interfaces for various platforms.
- Assist with social media efforts.
- Work with the designer to iterate through design revisions
- Manage CMS’s/sites & hosting
- Offer constructive feedback on design related projects.
- Additional design tasks as required.
- Excellent hand coded HTML/CSS
- Experience integrating HTML/CSS with a CMS (Wordpress, etc.)
- SEO/Analytics/Social Media
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members.
- Programming (php, ruby, etc.)
- Augmented Reality
- Interface Design
- Environmental Design
- Hosting/managing CMS’s/sites
- SEO/Analytics/Social Media
How to apply
If you meet or exceed the above criteria, we’d love to hear from you. Please send a resume with cover letter to Please cite “Web Designer” in the subject line and include a link to you portfolio with your application.
We thank all candidates for their submissions but only those under consideration will be contacted.