Are you an experienced visual designer looking for an opportunity to create captivating products for desktop, mobile and tablet? Do you obsess over making your creations as beautiful as they are functional as they are fun?
Talk to us!
We’re Border Stylo, a vibrant, innovative 25-person social media start-up based in Los Angeles, CA. In the past year we’ve launched our first two social applications: Glass, for social browsing, and Retrollect, for capturing and sharing experiences.
We need your help bringing these core products to new form factors (tablet, mobile, etc) and also setting design directions and visual branding for new products that fulfill our mission of giving everyone easy, fun, and meaningful ways to share their online and offline worlds via the web.
This position is full-time, with benefits, stock options, a competitive salary, and a high degree of autonomy. You will report to the Director of Product Design, and your work help us differentiate our consumer experience.
- Design innovative consumer experiences across a variety of platforms, including web, mobile, tablet, and consoles
- Translate brand values into stunning design directions
- Develop design assets throughout the product development process
- Work closely with the Marketing team, the Engineering team, and the Product Validation/Quality Assurance team
- 4+ years of experience in visual design
- A sincere passion for social media, start-ups, and changing the world through technology
- A beautiful, edgy, tactile, and attractive design sensibility
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Extensive knowledge of HTML/CSS authoring
At Border Stylo, we are exclusively looking for “start-up” people: those who are self-motivated, want to make an impact, and live and breathe innovation and technology. We prize informed action, rapid iterations, and results. We strive every day to learn and to get better by doing, and we believe that we can make the world a better place through our work.
Keywords: products, design, product design, user-experience, customer-experience, consumer experience, human computer interface, computer-human interface, HCI, CHI, graphic design, lead, senior, information architect, usability
How to apply
If this sounds like the kind of place that would make you excited to get out of bed in the morning, send your resume to along with a brief note about yourself and why you’re interested in this position.