DBG is looking for a mid to senior level Graphic Artist for a short term contract (4-6 weeks) in our New York office. Candidates must possess a sophisticated contemporary design sense, and be able to interface well with clients and the creative, sales, and operations team.
• Collaborate with the Creative Director and Operations teams for all distributable players/widgets and other related products
• Create digital marketing collateral including newsletters, website updates, sales/marketing conference print material, and internal promotional items
• Basic flash UI design, including small microsite designs for show slates and client review sites
• Provide sales support including microsite design and PowerPoint template graphics
• Technical duties include posting microsites via ftp, content delivery for all mediums, and the ability to work with all types of video in any format; basic video encoding
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
• 3+ years experience in front-end web development
• Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint and Flash
• Familiarity of advertisers formats such as pre-roll, In-Stream video players, In-Page video players, Viral/Widget Expandable Players, Mobile Video, etc.
• Experience with Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Cinema 4D or Maya is preferred
• Video/Film production experience is a big plus
• Outstanding interpersonal skills – ability to comfortably interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Expert hands-on knowledge of XHTML/CSS
• Experience translating comps and wireframes into flexible and usable code templates
• Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for dynamic web applications
• Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for load time reduction and accessibility
• Knowledge of SEO best practices
• Experience with source/version control software is a plus
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
• Familiarity with Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla,and PHP is a plus