DBG is looking for a mid to senior level Graphic Artist for a short term contract (4-6 weeks) in our New York office. Candidates must possess a sophisticated contemporary design sense, and be able to interface well with clients and the creative, sales, and operations team.
• Collaborate with the Creative Director and Operations teams for all distributable players/widgets and other related products
• Create digital marketing collateral including newsletters, website updates, sales/marketing conference print material, and internal promotional items
• Basic flash UI design, including small microsite designs for show slates and client review sites
• Provide sales support including microsite design and PowerPoint template graphics
• Technical duties include posting microsites via ftp, content delivery for all mediums, and the ability to work with all types of video in any format; basic video encoding
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
• 3+ years experience in front-end web development
• Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint and Flash
• Familiarity of advertisers formats such as pre-roll, In-Stream video players, In-Page video players, Viral/Widget Expandable Players, Mobile Video, etc.
• Experience with Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Cinema 4D or Maya is preferred
• Video/Film production experience is a big plus
• Outstanding interpersonal skills – ability to comfortably interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Expert hands-on knowledge of XHTML/CSS
• Experience translating comps and wireframes into flexible and usable code templates
• Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for dynamic web applications
• Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for load time reduction and accessibility
• Knowledge of SEO best practices
• Experience with source/version control software is a plus
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
• Familiarity with Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla,and PHP is a plus
How to apply
If this challenge sounds compelling and you want to contribute to the success of our growing company and fun environment, send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to . Please write “Graphic Artist” in the subject line.