Full-stack and mobile devs who know Rails and/or iOS
Engineers probably have more leverage now than at any other time in history. For very little effort, you can make great tools that empower large numbers of people.
At FutureAdvisor, you can deploy your abilities to help everyday US families by giving them access to unbiased financial advice to build wealth, something that most have never had before. Until recently, only wealthy families could afford the unbiased advice that made their investments grow safely. With software, we’re bringing those services to the rest of the country.
We write for Web and mobile in Ruby and Objective-C. If you don’t code in those languages, don’t worry. Good engineers pick up languages quickly and we understand that.
Collectively, our team has spent decades building mission-critical systems such as Microsoft’s Azure, and we are bringing that same diligence to managing and advising on the life savings of our more than 150,000 customers. We’re a flat org, a great team, and we’re tackling some really hard, large-scale and non-linear optimization problems.
Together, we’ll bring the same high-quality investment management to the rest of America that wealthy families have enjoyed for generations. FutureAdvisor makes working-class and middle-class families more financially secure.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with web development technologies such as Ruby on Rails and CoffeeScript
- Smart & driven to work in a very fast-growing startup
- Team player: this is especially important in a small company, where you may be working with everyone from marketing to client services
- US working papers or citizenship of Canada, Mexico, Australia, Chile or Singapore (don’t ask…)
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- An industry-leading 401k plan (naturally ;)
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Free snacks & drinks
- Your own hardware budget
- Unlimited books budget
- Gym membership
- Transit pass