Full Stack Web Developer - Mid-Senior Level
To support continued growth while maintaining our high standards for customer service, Orvis is seeking a talented, mid-to-senior level full stack Web Developer to join our IT ecommerce team in Sunderland, Vermont. Your experience building web applications and knowledge of ecommerce architectures and frameworks will be put to the test as you play a critical role implementing modular, flexible and game-changing sorts of web-delivered products and applications.
Orvis Company associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
As a member of a small and agile developer team, the Web Developer will collaborate with the product owner, scrum master and fellow developers to design, prototype, and deliver world class user experiences on Orvis.com and Orvis.co.uk by developing modern user experiences, libraries, integrations, services and components.
Fit in the Organization:
This position reports directly to the Director of Ecommerce IT. You will interface with IT, user experience, content creation, digital marketing, merchandising, operations, customer care, and retail associates, and with 3rd party consulting teams as necessary.
• Experience with web services, in particular JSON, and RESTful web services
• Experience with PCI DSS development practices, payment systems and tokenization
• Experience with promotions, pricing and commerce transaction technologies and practices
• Experience with SQL (SQL Server) functions, scripts, stored procedures, constraints and data structures
• Experience with Agile development practices, Jira and the Atlassian toolset
• Exposure to Adobe Marketing Cloud applications and integrations
• We are (at present) a Microsoft shop, and so proficiency in Microsoft .Net based tools like Visual Studio is helpful
• Up-to-date knowledge, and an “always learning” ethic
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, team based, learning environment
• Ability to work independently, with strong team collaboration experience
• Ability to provide on call support of assigned applications
• Travel required, less than 10%