We’re looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join our crew of eccentric geniuses in Portland!
You will work closely with our project managers, designers, documentalists, production manager and other developers focused on building sites that are beautiful, performant, and maintainable. Full-stack devs at FINE are sometimes asked to build sites by themselves and sometimes as part of a larger team. Our designers hand off detailed comps and our documentalists provide thorough technical specifications so you can focus on conceiving, implementing and verifying fabulous code solutions.
We value collaboration, communication and professional growth highly and provide opportunities for these things as often as we can. We also value independence and critical thinking, and expect all our employees to be able to manage their own schedules and responsibilities.
- Expert-level Ruby (on Rails) skills, including building Rails apps within a team environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and related specs, APIs and polyfills
- Got to have Git skills
- “Luxury edition” communication skills ranging from an awesome sense of humor to an ability to clearly communicate complex technical issues to non-technical people
- A sharp eye for aesthetics: developers at FINE are held to extremely high standards of front-end build quality. If your portfolio includes sites where text overlaps at certain browser sizes, that’s a dealbreaker for us
- You take personal responsibility for your deadlines, code quality, and tasks
- You communicate effectively & often
- PHP / Wordpress experience
- Advanced JS experience
- Ecommerce experience
- You’re a mover and shaker within the industry via conference appearances, social media, open source contributions / management, etc
- You’re comfortable with Slack, GoToMeeting, “telephones”, in-person discussions
- You pronounce gif with a hard “g” (or you can learn to)
What’s in it for you
- We are nice, down-to-earth people doing interesting and award-winning work
- We focus on a work/life balance and are happy to accommodate individual needs
- We offer a sweet benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, professional development funds, coffee, fruit, bike storage + showers onsite, commuter benefits for parking, public transit or bicycle, etc)
Let’s do this!
If this all sounds like you, holler at us immediately. When you do, please be aware that we’d like to see some examples of your work. If you don’t have a portfolio, please make sure there’s a place where we can view code samples alongside your functional work. If you have a portfolio but want to supplement it with some highlights in your cover letter, feel free!