At Seso we build digital experiences that matter by curating complex data sets into compelling stories. Our human-centric approach allows our clients to move their audiences through playful interaction. We work with healthcare, museum, science and government partners as well as major brands and organizations around ideas that make a difference in the world.
We are looking for an LA-based frontend developer to join a great team working on cool projects. You will be building and launching sites for clients like TED, XPrize, Noodle.org, UCLA, Kaiser, GLOW and the Smithsonian. We have a great loft space in Downtown LA’s Arts District (with a 1966 Airstream Trailer that serves as the in-office conference room!) with a relaxed working environment full of smart, fun people.
This job is open to local candidates only: we love working with remote people and have remote contractors on staff, but we need this particular position on-site.
- You have a Github account and are following some interesting projects and people. Even better if you have some public projects we can look at!
- You’re deeply familiar with CSS3 and the HTML5 APIs and can use them to produce faithful renderings of design comps
- You have solid in-depth JS/jQuery knowledge
- You write clean, semantic markup and well-organized JS/CSS
- You have experience with Wordpress theming.
- You know your shims and understand the principles of progressive enhancement – your work is usable in IE7 and gorgeous in IE9
- You’ve worked on responsive design projects and understand how to effectively, maintainably leverage media queries
- Understand the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion
- You like building things. You like designers. You like making clients happy.