Front-end developer with a conscience
Nice and Serious is an ethically-driven creative agency based in London. We make nice stuff about serious issues, to make the world a little bit nicer.
Our digital team produces top-notch creative content for people like The Guardian, builds campaign sites for charities like WWF, develops cutting-edge publishing platforms for organisations like Nesta and sometimes get stuck into some serious (and not-so-serious) data visualisation.
We like to challenge ourselves, so that means we’re always trying new technologies. This might mean dipping into D3.js to create an interactive data viz, delving into the HTML5 video API or picking up some PIXI.js to create a mini Canvas-based game.
We’re looking for someone who’s serious about front-end technologies but also has a super keen eye for nice design and really cares about how the things they make end up looking on screen.
The sort of stuff we’re expecting:
- You know HTML inside out and understand that the DOM isn’t a nickname for a bloke named Dominic.
- You’re up to date with all the new CSS3 goodness and are using a preprocessor such as Sass.
- You’re quick to adapt to new languages, technologies and relish the chance for solving new problems.
- You care about stuff like code quality, structure and performance.
- You, at the very least, know what all of these are: Git, npm, Bower, Grunt/Gulp, Browserify and SCSS but hopefully have tested most of them out.
The sort of stuff that’d seal the deal:
- You’ve dabbled in design and know your way around Photoshop/Illustrator.
- You’ve played around with SVG and tinkered with WebGL.
- You know some basic PHP and MySQL
The nice stuff
We’re all about making Nice and Serious a seriously nice place to be.
Here are a few things we do:
- Flexible working hours
- Bupa healthcare
- Company bonus scheme
- Personal project time (around a day a week)
- A few drinks on the company every Friday
- Fresh fruit each week
- Table football
- Regular team outings
- Annual company-wide weekend away.