We Make Websites make the best fashion and e-commerce websites on the internet and we are looking to expand our in-house talent to match client demand.
We work with extraordinary brands such as Skinnydip London, Finisterre, Condor Cycles, Penguin Books, National Portrait Gallery and The Economist. We are a small, notorious team that make a big impact in the e-commerce industry.
We are looking for a talented and dynamic front-end designer to help us build beautiful e-commerce websites for fashion forward brands. Someone who really cares about the client journey and final result, not just getting the job finished on time. We are the world’s most trusted Shopify Plus agency, so we looking for people that can design polished e-commerce experiences that are visually stunning on all screen sizes.
As a front-end designer, you’ll primarily be designing and building Shopify e-commerce stores. What we’re looking for is a creative person with a great eye for design and a can-do attitude.
What are we looking for?
- An awesome portfolio of work (please send a link to your portfolio when you apply).
- Someone passionate about design concepts, typography, and delivering beautiful projects.
- The ability to deliver designs that adhere to brand and design guidelines.
- Experience working with Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent visual and user-focused design skills with an eye for detail.
- A good awareness of industry trends that can help us produce better work.
- Ability to communicate with clients.
- A good understanding of usability and design patterns.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills.
- Great responsive HTML/SASS skills.
What you’ll be doing…
- Designing professional e-commerce stores for a wide range of retail brands.
- Producing prototypes using Invision and communicating directly with clients about your ideas.
- Creating wireframes and high-fidelity website designs.
- Working closely with the project and account managers to deliver projects that are the best in the industry.
- Collaborating and share ideas with the rest of the design and development team.
- Experience with Shopify.
- Experience designing e-commerce websites.
- Knowledge of SASS and LIQUID (Shopify’s templating language).
- Relevant experience in an agency or in-house and/or a degree in digital media design (or similar)
- 28 days paid holiday per year + your birthday off. Office closed Christmas to New Years; work from home or take as holiday.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon – in house bake off competitions, work lunches and nights out are commonplace. Also, don’t worry, we don’t do fancy dress.
- Add great achievements to your CV, we’re a small team and your influence will be direct with some big and well-known brands. Last year alone we doubled in size and you’ll have the chance to shape how we grow this year and beyond.
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks at your disposal via our weekly Amazon drone order.
- Company pension scheme to see you into old age.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including courses, equipment and training.
- Add great achievements to your CV, we are a small team and directly influence well-known brands e-commerce success.
Job Type: Full-time salary: £24k – £45k /year (based on experience).