Front-end Web Developer
DLC Solutions is seeking an on-site front-end developer to join our team in Philadelphia building EthosCE, a Drupal-based learning management system (LMS) for continuing professional education.
We are looking for a strong front-end developer who is enthusiastic and opinionated about either user experience or visual design, and has the technical skills to see those opinions implemented and supported in production.
A strong applicant would be curious and have a thirst for knowledge, some history of successfully working in a team environment, be involved in an open-source or other community project, and be willing to accept the challenge of producing a complex product at a small, growing company.
Applicants should have at least 2-4 years of professional experience.
Job duties include
- Creating customer-facing wireframes and prototypes
- Working with the development and product team to design and improve UI/UX for new and existing features
- Working with product managers, customers and their end-users to collect feedback and implement improvements.
- Experience with a source control system such as Git or SVN
- Experience with front-end frameworks and technologies such as jQuery, SASS, and HTML5
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator or similar tools
- Experience with front-end performance optimization
- Experience with and knowledge of current UX techniques
What this position is not
- This is not a pure visual design role, but a design aptitude and Photoshop skills would be welcomed with open arms.
- This is not a role for pure UX. The large majority of the responsibilities include hands-on front-end development going directly into production systems.
We provide a flexible, friendly work environment including 401K and health benefits.
We are located at 1520 Locust Street, Philadelphia, Pa, 19102 and this position is on-site in our office. Relocation benefits are possible for the right candidate.
No calls and no recruiters at this time.
How to apply
To apply for this position, email your resume, cover letter, portfolio, and salary requirements to .