Front-end Web Developer
DLC Solutions is seeking an on-site front-end developer to join our team in Philadelphia building EthosCE, a Drupal-based learning management system (LMS) for continuing professional education.
We are looking for a strong front-end developer who is enthusiastic and opinionated about either user experience or visual design, and has the technical skills to see those opinions implemented and supported in production.
A strong applicant would be curious and have a thirst for knowledge, some history of successfully working in a team environment, be involved in an open-source or other community project, and be willing to accept the challenge of producing a complex product at a small, growing company.
Applicants should have at least 2-4 years of professional experience.
Job duties include
- Creating customer-facing wireframes and prototypes
- Working with the development and product team to design and improve UI/UX for new and existing features
- Working with product managers, customers and their end-users to collect feedback and implement improvements.
- Experience with a source control system such as Git or SVN
- Experience with front-end frameworks and technologies such as jQuery, SASS, and HTML5
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator or similar tools
- Experience with front-end performance optimization
- Experience with and knowledge of current UX techniques
What this position is not
- This is not a pure visual design role, but a design aptitude and Photoshop skills would be welcomed with open arms.
- This is not a role for pure UX. The large majority of the responsibilities include hands-on front-end development going directly into production systems.
We provide a flexible, friendly work environment including 401K and health benefits.
We are located at 1520 Locust Street, Philadelphia, Pa, 19102 and this position is on-site in our office. Relocation benefits are possible for the right candidate.
No calls and no recruiters at this time.