Front end Designer / Developer
We’re looking for someone with a blend of design and front-end development skills to join our team in Ennis Co. Clare, Ireland. You should be good at solving design problems, have a desire to learn and a track record of producing highly-polished websites / web applications and /or Mobile Apps.
Acton Web is a small, successful and ambitious web agency. We work with great clients and produce great results.
Our portfolios can be viewed here:
Within our expanding design team, you’ll immediately contribute to projects ranging from small micro-sites to complex e-commerce stores or mobile Apps. You’ll be responsible for making sure every pixel, paragraph and line of code is attractive and effective. We regularly embrace new approaches, so you’ll be expected to stay up-to-date and share ideas to help push our standards higher.
We’d like you to have a few years of professional experience, but most importantly we’re looking for a strong portfolio and proactive attitude.
In this role you’ll:
- Interpret project briefs to create engaging design concepts
- Write efficient front-end code to bring your designs to life
- Work with our developers to ensure the end result works for our clients and their customers
- Work individually, as well as in a team, self-report and manage your own time
You should have:
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong design and development skills
- High competence using Adobe Photoshop or similar
- High competence writing HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery
- Experience producing responsive web designs
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to learn and share new practices
- A good sense of humour and positive attitude
You’ll score bonus points for experience of:
- Performance optimisation techniques
- PHP development (we work with Magento and WordPress)
How to apply
How to apply:
Write to and tell us about your unique blend of design and development skills.
Please include your CV and a link to your portfolio