We are hiring a full-time front-end designer/developer to join the starting team of a funded venture start-up launching a new web site for consumer travelers.
Qualified candidates will have extensive experience turning design comps into web applications using CSS and HTML requiring a keen eye for design and a comprehensive understanding of CSS and inheritance as well as managing cross browser quirks.
Experience on cross-platform web and mobile platforms is a must with particular regard to touch devices. Strong forward-looking design sensibility and aesthetic are essential. Social and consumer-facing product experience is key.
The company is funded with mass-market distribution agreements in place. Your work will be in front of lots of users and your friends and family will use it. Full time position with competitive salary and benefits. Located in DC directly on Metro’s red line.
- Solid understanding of CSS and modern (webkit) extensions.
- Solid knowledge of IE quirks and how to degrade gracefully.
- Experience with mobile/tablet/touch-oriented interaction and design.
- Comfortable with source code revision control systems.
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite.
Nice to Have:
BA/BS/BFA or above preferred in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interface, Graphic Design, or other design field or equivalent work experience.