Front-End Web Developer
eBay, Inc. is changing.
We started with the simple idea that internet commerce could be democratized. In the brave days of the early web we created a truly open marketplace, and it was FUN.
The following 20+ years of steady growth and global expansion have given millions of people a place to find and sell the things they love. It has also inevitably added some complexity and obfuscation to our core product.
We aim to fix that, and we need your help.
We’re looking for a front-end web developer to help us prototype the new eBay. As a member of the Human Interface Group you will be a steward of the end-to-end design system and continually prototype the eBay experience, finding new ways to empower buyers and sellers everywhere.
What you have:
- Passion for user-centered design and collaborative work
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools
- Eagerness to learn, expand your skills, and try new tools
- Talent for creating elegant design solutions
- Experience developing with programming frameworks and libraries such as AngularJS, jQuery, React, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Solid presentation of project experience: portfolio, GitHub profile, etc.
- Partner with design leads to develop and visually polish hi-fidelity web interfaces
- Participate in user testing with researchers to gain a better understanding of user needs
- Sketch concepts, wireframes, and prototypes to find innovative solutions to problems
- Participate in product and design discussions with the team