Front End Web Developer
Our new Front End Web Developer will work with other designers and developers from business and IT segments to conceive, research, design and implement new website functionality and maintain existing website code. In addition to writing code, markup, and CSS in a non-WYSIWYG environment, he or she will also use graphic design tools to layout concepts and create visual assets for the sites. Troubleshooting and testing are also part of the job, and someone with excellent analytical skills will excel. We are looking for candidates with a passion for and experience in developing standards compliant sites with a concern for accessibility and multi-browser/multi-device compatibility. The job is primarily concerned with front-end development, but a strong understanding of server-side components would be ideal.
We also prioritize good interpersonal skills and an ability to clearly communicate difficult and complex technical scenarios to non-technical team-members and management. This person will be comfortable collaborating in a team setting on everything from high-level design decisions, to specific implementation techniques. A thorough understanding of the technical mechanics of how the web works will be much appreciated.
- 3+ years user interface/visual layout experience
- Familiarity with cross-browser/cross-device pitfalls and how to work around them
- Excellent knowledge of current best practices in both UI design and markup/code execution
- PHP or similar programming server-side experience and competency with basic database transactions
- Experience designing and developing responsive sites that are concurrently optimized for multiple devices and screen sizes
- Familiarity working with version control systems
- Experience with some variety of analytic tools would be great too
How to apply
, , ,