Front-End Web Developer
ABOUT SD (Something Digital)
Something Digital is a dynamic, New York City-based interactive agency founded in 1999 located in midtown New York overlooking Bryant Park. SD is a fast-paced environment with a commitment to fantastic client relationships and service —the ideal place for individuals to learn and grow. We deliver solutions that allow clients to reach their strategic objectives through four broad business units: Software Development/Integration, Interactive Design, Interactive Maintenance/Development and IT Services. Something Digital’s clients span several industry verticals, including communications, media, education, retail, service sector, healthcare, non-profit, transportation, and others.
Front End Developer
Something Digital is looking for an inspired, self-starting, motivated Front-End Developer with great communication skills and a passion for good design and front end development. The ideal candidate would enjoy working in a fast paced environment on high profile, high trafficked commerce and brochure web applications and would ultimately enjoy exposure to new and interesting projects, technology and people. Additionally the candidate would be driven to work with a group of peers that are equally passionate, supremely capable and fun to work with.
- Translate PSD designs into standards compliant markup and CSS.
- Collaborate with the design team throughout the design process.
- Integrate front-end output into various platforms (Magento, WordPress, Drupal, Sitecore etc) developing a solid working knowledge of platform theming practices and capabilities.
- Help to define and refine Something Digital front-end standards and processes.
- Assist in all phases of the development lifecycle from Discovery through to deployment.
- A keen eye for design and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently produce valid HTML and CSS.
- Familiarity with cross and legacy browser support techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Able to work effectively with all members of the team including the client.
- Interest and familiarity with emerging web trends and technologies.
Nice to Have
- Working Magento / Drupal experience.
- PHP experience.
- Mobile web applications development experience.
- Experience with Subversion / GIT Source Control Tools.
- eCommerce Experience.
- Web / graphic design experience.
We look forward to meeting you!