Front End Web Developer
We are an Australian events and training company specialising in the non-profit sector. We are seeking a front end web developer to kick off our internal web development team.
This role has great potential for an enthusiastic and passionate web developer with a can do attitude who is looking for a high level of responsibility, is committed to their own continual professional and skills development, and wants to grow with a business.
Tertiary qualifications are preferred but not essential. You must be able to demonstrate a strong track record and a high level of knowledge and skill.
- Have 1 – 3 years experience in front end web development.
- Clean, well documented, cross-browser compatible code with an interest in best practice and optimisation
- Experience with Wordpress – Templates, functions, custom plugin development, administrative customisation, and a knack for manipulating the system to be much more than a blogging platform and more like a CMS
- Expert knowledge of industry-standard visual design tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- An understanding of the importance of design, typography and colour with the ability to transpose design into code and versatile websites that read and work well across multiple devices, screens and gadgets
- Active in the open source or web development community (i.e releasing own plugins or templates, writing a blog or contributing to blogs, active on forums etc…)
Your other skills and attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to clearly translate technical speak so a non-technical team can understand. Have an ability to translate requests from non-technical team members into effective feature sets and modifications.
- Committed to continual learning, with a willingness to teach others.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects, with multiple requirements and deliverables
- Strong project management skills. You know yourself and the development process well enough to set and keep deadlines and deliver projects within budget.
- Meticulous attention to detail. You enjoy working to perfect the user’s experience.
- Strong work ethic, willing to go the extra mile to get the project delivered on time.
- Experience with video streaming and/or membership sites
- Experience with payment systems and payment gateway integration
- Design background.
- Experience developing wireframes and user interfaces
- Experience with web analytics tools, SEO, and collecting data to inform design and refine approach.
- Web application development experience
- Experience with cross API integration – Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp, Recurly etc..
This is a full time casual position with flexible hours. Applicants will need to be available to work in-house at our office in Macedon Ranges area, Victoria, AUSTRALIA.
Remuneration will be based on experience and performance. We are happy to negotiate.
Applicants who are not Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents need to have relevant authorisation to work in Australia in order to apply.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please NO recruiters!
How to apply
Please email cover letter, resume and portfolio including links to recent projects and samples of work (please detail your role in each project) to