Front End Web Developer, Mashable
Mashable is seeking a talented Front End Web Developer to translate the work of our design team into pixel-perfect, efficient CSS and HTML.
You’ll be working on both Mashable’s existing WordPress install and innovative social news projects in Ruby on Rails, developing projects used by more than 10 million unique users per month. As part of a small team of developers and designers, you’ll have significant input on our development process and the direction of new products.
If you’re a strong developer who loves creating beautiful, functional web products, we want to talk to you.
Is this you?
- 5+ years experience in front end development.
- Passion for good-looking, standards-compliant, usable interfaces.
- Highly self-motivated team player
- A stickler for cross-browser and cross-platform testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We want people with:
- Ability to convert PSDs into pixel-perfect CSS/HTML.
- Knowledge of PHP and Ruby; you’ll be working with both languages to integrate markup into existing products.
- Extensive understanding of progressive enhancement theory and techniques.
Big bonus points for:
- GitHub or StackOverflow profile. Impress us with what you’ve done!
- Experience working on open source projects (with examples)
- Experience with Wordpress and Wordpress theme development
- Experience developing for high-traffic websites.
- Experience with HAML and SASS
- Experience with Linux
Mashable is a news site that covers the companies, products, people and trends that are shaping the digital world. Founded in 2005, Mashable is headquartered in New York City with an additional office in San Francisco.
Mashable employs a full-time global staff of 30+ talented professionals on its editorial, business and development teams, with a network of guest writers and paid contributors. The company has won numerous awards for its coverage of the social media and technology space, including most recently, three Webby Awards in 2010.
With a strong emphasis on quality content, Mashable also has syndication deals with a number of top media properties, including CNN, Yahoo!, Forbes and ABC News. Mashable’s growing audience includes more than 10 million unique monthly visitors, 2 million Twitter followers and 300,000 Facebook fans.