Front-End Web Developer (Full Time)
Monkee-Boy Web Design, Inc. is looking for an extremely talented front-end web developer with an expertise in WordPress to join our friendly and hard-working troop.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be joining our web developers with custom development of client sites, unique tools, and mobile sites. Candidate will also be assist with the ongoing maintenance and web mastering duties of Monkee-Boy clients’ web and mobile sites, and being responsible for daily client communication and top notch client satisfaction.
- Experience using CSS Preprocessors like SASS, Less, or Stylus.
- Experience in testing across different browsers, platforms, and devices.
- Experience using version control systems such as git, svn, or mercurial daily.
- Wordpress: should be able to build a theme with custom post types, metadata, etc.
- Knowledge of accessibility concerns and best practices.
- Experience with progressive enhancement and responsive design beyond simply screen size.
- Knowledge of build tools like Gulp or Grunt.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop including working with PSDs, layer comps, and optimizing images.
- Experience using browser developer tools, not just for debugging but when investigating performance issues.
- Familiarity with basic MySQL databases and commands.
- Applicant MUST live in the Austin area and work out of our office.
- Ability to work with designers as well as other developers.
- Quick learner with the ability to take minimal direction and exceed expectations.
- Unprecedented attention to detail and organization.
- Experience working directly with clients.
- Keeps up with new tools and trends.
Nice to haves:
- PHP 5 or another object-oriented language like Ruby or Python.
- Node JS.
- Knowledge of a web application framework like Ember, Angular, Meteor, CakePHP, etc.
- Platforms like Drupal, Joomla, Blackbaud, Salesforce, Pardot, and/or CiviCRM.
This position will be a full time position (contract or salaried). The candidate will be very competitively compensated based on work experience, demonstration of success & what they can bring to the table and will be able to participate in all employee incentive programs. Full time salaried employee benefits include:
- 100% Benefits Coverage – health, vision, dental
- Short and Long Term Disability (after 3 months)
- Matching 401K (up to 3% of salary – after 6 months)
- Flexible dress and work environment
- Annual SXSW Interactive Badge
- Annual ACL Music Festival 3-Day Pass
- And more…