Front End Web Developer & Designer
Growing South Florida marketing company is seeking a dedicated, talented front-end developer/designer with at least 3 years web design / development experience.
We are looking for someone who has a highly creative approach to web design and familiarity with trends in design and technology.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Paid vacation
- Access to a kitchen packed with all the free snacks you can eat and/or drink
- Tickets and airfare to industry conferences
- Excellent design skills, attention to typography
- Smart, self-starter with attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Innovative and creative with great analytical skills
- Obsessed with writing beautiful code
- 3+ years experience with advanced/custom CSS, HTML, JQuery and WordPress
- Ability to convert design comps into fully functional WordPress themes
- Familiar with SEO and all social media outlets
- Familiar with browser testing
- Familiar with responsive design
- Energetic and passionate about web design and new techniques
- Avid reader of industry publications/blogs (Moz.com, SmashingMagazine.com, fastcodesign.com, etc.)
- Ability to easily communicate ideas verbally (Optimum7 attends/hosts events where you may need to participate/speak in public)
- Ability to easily communicate ideas in writing (Optimum7 hosts a blog in which employees write about various topics)
- Work closely with members of the design team, as well as other departments
- Well organized, ability to multi task efficiently
Bonus if you:
- Understand and enjoy HTTP and RESTful web applications
- Understand and enjoy print design and branding
- Ecommerce systems
- SEO, SEM, PPC and lead generation
- Animation and video editing experience and knowledge a plus
The individual we seek will be required to:
- Create top quality designs in Photoshop, HTML/CSS
- Handle new website design and re-design projects on a set schedule and interact proficiently with clients
- Implement updates and changes to existing client websites as assigned
- Implement programming changes to enhance and expand on the functionality of individual websites
- Implement conversion optimization strategies to maximize the business results of our clients
- Have a highly creative approach to web design and familiarity with trends in design and technology
We offer a relaxed and fun work environment where your input and abilities will have a direct impact on every project you are a part of.
You’ll be part of a tight-knit, supportive, creative, collaborative group that is passionate about learning new skills and techniques. Join us today!
NO contract work. NO recruiters. NO telecommute.