Front End Web Designer
Vance Publishing, a leading business-to-business publishing and information firm, is looking for an individual who is ready for a fast paced work environment that will provide unique and interesting challenges every day.
- Work with business leaders to plan website / newletter designs by clarifying goals and designing functionality.
- Create user interface designs from mockups; using Photoshop, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver.
- Designing images, icons, banners, etc.; and maintaining site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards.
- Construct responsive and mobile-focused designs.
- Execute tasks with high attention to detail: client specs, validation, and load times.
- Collaborate with project managers and back-end engineers, giving input on project plans and setting realistic implementation schedules.
- Test cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Communicate effectively with project teams.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Reports to the Agribusiness Digital Media Director.
- Experience with design tools, including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Fireworks.
- Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability.
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent required with additional training in interface design, web design, or multimedia is a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience as a mid-level to senior web design/developer is essential along with several years of professional web design and development experience.
- Experience theming and developing in Drupal 6/7 is a plus.
In return for your top talent we will provide paid time off and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life and AD&D. We also offer tuition and seminar assistance programs. Salary will be commensurate with knowledge and experience.
If this describes you and you have the drive to succeed, apply to:
Vance Publishing Corporation
10901 West 84th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66214
About Vance Publishing Corporation
Vance Publishing Corporation is a leading business-to-business integrated media company serving the agribusiness, beauty and professional woodworking industries. The company produces 16 magazines, more than 80 e-newsletters, over 20 websites, several tradeshows and events, a subscription-based data product set, and custom media products. Founded in 1937, Vance Publishing Corporation is headquartered in Lincolnshire, IL, with additional offices in Lenexa, KS, and St. Louis, MO. For more information on Vance Publishing Corporation, go to www.VancePublishing.com.