Full Stack PHP Engineer
As a DataSift developer, you will have the opportunity to work on several different technology stacks, ranging from PHP/Web Development to Java/Data Warehousing, to C++/Processing Engine. Some of the challenges we get to work on daily range from Web Scaling to Distributed Systems to Big Data. You will find Service Oriented Architecture in pretty much every system and we predominantly use REST and ZMQ for communications. DevOps use Bash and Ruby as their choice of language and work on an entirely different set of challenges!
What you will be doing
- Help to deliver, maintain and improve a modern, usable and efficient web application
- Create intuitive user interfaces and admin tools
- Constantly improve resilience and monitoring of existing services.
- Work with product owners, technical architects and other engineers to design and deliver new solutions.
- Implement unit and integration tests to prove correctness and prevent regressions.
Depending on your interests and preferred languages, you’ll also be working on some of the following
- Implementing new input and output connectors to ingest new kinds of data and deliver it to third parties.
- Developing strategies for working efficiently with a HDFS data archive that is over a petabyte big
- Maintaining our existing billing systems and interfaces to payment systems.
- Working to extend CSDL, our data filtering language and the filtering engine that’s at the heart of our platform
- Extending these systems to handle more products and more customers.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience developing and supporting robust, high-performance websites
- Experience with both server- and client-side MVC frameworks
- Excellent object-oriented design skills
- Good knowledge about what makes a great user interface
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Experience consuming data from multiple data sources, including relational databases, HTTP APIs and message queues
- Computer Science background (or equivalent work experience)
- Ability to solve challenging problems and explain your thinking and solutions.
- Attention to detail, testing, security and scalability.
- Ability to find your own place in a team of engineers and collaborate with people to get things shipped.
- Excellent English copywriting skills