Front End Engineer
WhaleShark Media Inc. is the world’s leading marketplace for coupons and deals. The company’s websites connect consumers seeking savings with discounts from more than 100,000 top merchants, stores and retailers. WhaleShark Media welcomes more than 100 million unique visitors to shop its sites every year.
We’re always looking for ambitious, driven self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of developing technology and an Internet retail evolution.
This position is located in Austin, TX.
Why you want to work with us:
Our team is composed of smart, creative and fun, solution-finding ninjas! WhaleShark Media not only strives to be the best in its industry but also inspires its employees to achieve their best while working at our company. Our employees are united in producing new successes every day. WhaleShark Media is fortunate to have an experienced and focused executive leadership team to direct its efforts toward achieving new standards and goals, which positions the company to be an industry leader and pioneer.
Our culture is collaborative, fast-paced, engaging and driven. The work environment is electrified by the excitement of our employees and the gratification that comes from being a part of a growing organization where your ideas really are heard. We want our employees to grow with us, and at the current pace we are going, getting an opportunity to gain more responsibility and leadership is attainable for those who take the initiative.
WhaleShark Media employees are energized by their ability to work in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment where their decisions can have a positive effect on the company’s bottom line! Why wait? At WhaleShark Media, it’s not just a job. It’s a community that makes it possible.
If you share our values and are looking to find a company to grow with and a place where you feel like part of a community, check us out at WhaleSharkMedia.com.
• Software Engineer with an emphasis on client side technologies
• Collaborate with backend engineers and UX in development of new UI functionality
• Mock up application interface interaction with backend API access to facilitate rapid prototyping.
• Research new technologies and incorporate them into new systems and products.
• Update current products and develop new ones to product specifications.
• Expert level knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals
• Web application development skills in C#, C++, PHP, or Java preferred
• Experience with AJAX technologies and techniques
• Experience with automation, continuous integration, unit test, change management, and configuration management.
• Ability to work well in a team of Designers, Product Managers and other developers.
• Minimum 2 years experience with software methodologies.
• Experience in an Internet environment strongly preferred.
• Flash, Flex, Actionscript knowledge a plus
• Strong communication skills.
• Self motivated, willingess to learn.
• 3+ years of professional software development.
• Bachelor’s degree in BSCS or relevant experience commensurate to a bachelor’s.
• Enjoy being an important member of our fun, fast paced, energetic and very agile team.
What We Offer:
• Competitive salaries
• Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and other benefits
• Energetic, focused and collaborative work environment
WhaleShark Media was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Austin, TX. Among the company’s many web properties are www.RetailMeNot.com, www.Deals.com, www.Deals2Buy.com, www.CheapStingyBargains.com, www.CouponSeven.com and www.CouponShare.com. WhaleShark Media is a fast-growing, profitable company funded by venture capital firms Austin Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners and Adams Street Partners. Please visit us at www.WhaleSharkMedia.com or apply online at http://WhaleSharkMedia.com/careers.html.