Front End Engineer at Animoto
Animoto has a mature product that, using our patented cinematic artificial intelligence technology, helps users create and share compelling videos. We’re an engineering-focused company where everyone is encouraged to learn different parts of our stack and collaborate on decisions. As a member of Animoto’s Front End Team, you will be developing a responsive, elegant web experience and pioneering the next generation of video creation software.
<What you’ll do
ou’ll be writing maintainable, scalable, cross-browser code that is used by millions of registered users and partner companies. You’ll be part of a team of engineers, product managers, and designers that collaborates on new features for our product, so we’re looking for someone who can communicate their thoughts clearly, both in meetings and in their code. And you’ll be an advocate for best practices, great usability, and exceptional quality.
What we need to see
- A minimum of 2–3 years professional experience building front end web experiences
- Good understanding of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with server-side technologies (Ruby on Rails a plus)
- Solid understanding of CSS3/HTML5 and upcoming standards
- Able to translate wireframes and mockups into code with a good grasp of document structure and semantics
- Good visual design sense and understanding of basic usability concepts
- Excellent communication and organization skills
What you need to see
- About us? You will work with a smart and organized team. You will learn, you will have room to advance, and you will teach us too.
It’s a fun and flexible work environment (take a look at our office http://www.businessinsider.com/animotos-nyc-office-2013-4 or a Google self guided tour http://bit.ly/1oMU6wA). We have some nice perks too, like upgraded Netflix, Pandora and Amazon Prime accounts (live a little), healthy vacation (take some time), 401k, stock options, fully paid health, dental, and vision (we care). We also love to continuous learn, have engineers attend seminars, conferences, meetups and workshops. We have Flex Spending, TransitChek, Volunteer day and lots of fancy coffee makers.