Front End Developer
For the past decade, Sparkart has designed and built web sites for some of the biggest names in the worlds of music, television, fashion, and sports. Along the way, we’ve built a powerful platform for faster development, easier content management, and fully integrated e-commerce. The platform makes our lives easier and delivers real results to the brands we represent. We’re excited to see what it can do for others. It’s called Clique Tools and it’s coming soon.
We’ve accomplished a lot, and our efforts are already at work across dozens of sites that serve millions of visitors and customers every month. Currently our focus is to refine, refactor, and rethink what we have. We’ll launch when we’re ready. We’re looking for someone to help us get there. Exact responsibilities are to be determined based on specific skills and experience. Looking to work on a variety of projects with minimal friction and plenty of opportunities to learn? This is the place for you.
Skills and Experience
- Expert HTML and CSS developer
- Great written communication and documentation skills
- Experience with jQuery plug-in development a plus
- Experience with ActionScript 3 for occasional legacy support and small projects
- Experience with version control systems (we use Git)
- Experience with platforms such as Drupal, WordPress, ExpressionEngine, LightCMS, Vivvo, Magento, and/or Shopify a plus
- Rails development experience a plus
- Appreciation and an eye for layout and typography a plus
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible schedule: exact work hours are lenient — just get the work done
- Flexible workplace: work outside of the office from time to time
- Tickets to select client events
- No support for Internet Explorer 6
Sparkart is conveniently located in uptown Oakland, just a block away from the 19th St. BART station (13 minutes from downtown San Francisco) and 3 blocks from Lake Merritt. Multiple freeways converge nearby and garage/lot parking is plentiful. Don’t live in the Bay Area? We’re flexible. Move when you can — or never — if you prove to work well remotely.
How to apply
Send submit the following:
- Salary requirements
- URLs to serve as code samples (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Other code samples or project examples as relevant