Front End Developer
The front end developer will be a key member of the product team and work closely with product managers, UI and UX designers, and engineers to prototype and develop next generation features for Raise and our many services. Every nuance and interaction with the Raise website comes down to the attention to detail delivered by the product team responsible for maintaining quality and expectations until the feature ships. If you love solving problems with clean and beautiful experiences, then you’re in the right place.
You’ll work closely with the product design team to implement features for our users and internal staff on a daily basis. Our in-house developers and designers work together to deliver quality products at a rapid pace. You will play a crucial part in each project from kickoff to polished features ready for shipment.
- Implement new features for our products and services
- Interact with product designers to make sure all user interactions are designed and implemented correctly
- Fix bugs as they are found
- Organize assets and CSS for better performance across all major browsers
- Test features across all major browsers (except IE6 & IE7)
- Identify and fix performance issues
- Familiarity with all aspects of MVC web applications (especially those built on Rails)
- Experience with JS frameworks like Ember, Angular, Backbone etc.
- Knowledge of native DOM APIs
- Understanding of non-intrusive JS techniques and their pros and cons
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and communication skills
- Understanding of responsive web design and device limitations
- Proven design and UX sensibilities
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Contributed to Open Source community
- Obsessive about quality
- Presented talks at meetups and/or conferences
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Company-sponsored tech talks and conferences
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Convenient office location
What You Could Be Working On
The Web Experience
Our website is the perfect marriage between form and function. As a front end developer, you will work on our fully responsive, resolution independent, global website of its caliber. It represents where the web is headed and where our customers are headed as well. We are presented with the challenge of maintaining consistency across multiple browsers, devices and resolutions. Our team is mindful of these evolutions, and we continue to think progressively as the web changes.
Raise Multi Device
Our product team continually expands and improves how people buy, sell, and manage their gift cards on their phones and tablets to deliver a big experience on even the smallest screen.
Expanding Our Reach
We think Raise is pretty easy to love. Who doesn’t love discounted money? Our developers channel this enthusiasm into features for a range of devices (for web, mobile, and email) that tell the Raise story in ways that are just as clean, compelling, and dynamic as the product itself.