Work with our awesome team of designers, developers, and project managers to turn killer PSDs into bulletproof, highly functional HTML, CSS, and JS works of art. Be able to work independently and collaboratively as well as lend a hand in client meetings when needed.
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years front-end development
- Standards-compliant Hand-Code / Cross-browser capabilities (IE7+)
- Advanced & Semantic HTML 5, CSS 2/3, JS/JQuery & AJAX
- Adaptive/Responsive Web Design + Grid Layouts
- Integration of XML & JSON based APIs
- CSS pre-processors (Less/Sass)
- Knowledge of SEO Techniques
- Progressive Enhancement + Graceful Degradation
- Touch enabled toggling of responsive sites
- Version Control (Git/Beanstalk)
- Strong in Photoshop
- Accessibility Best Practices & Techniques (Sect. 508, etc)
- CMS experience w/ WordPress & Shopify
- Crazy attention to detail
- Working knowledge of L.A.M.P. framework
- Strong UI/UX Design Skills
Airtype is a design and interactive agency located in Winston-Salem, NC. Our clients range from food and beverage to action sports. We have our own lifestyle apparel brand and are heavily involved with enhancing the identity of our innovative city. Visit us online or on Twitter @airtype.
- A laid-back environment in a pretty rad location.
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time.
- All the ESPN you can handle.
- Automatic entry to the Airtype Premier League (highly competitive office foosball).
- Be a part of a company that strives to better the web and design community of North Carolina.
- A smallish city with tons of history that is seriously on the up-and-up.
- Some of the best weather in the world.
- Low cost of living.
- An hour from the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Centrally located to a ton of great cities (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Charlotte, Asheville, Boone, Roanoke).
Want to get more familiar with WSNC? Get an inside look through a little site we built called Winstagr.am.
How to apply
If you think you have the code chops and might be a good fit for Airtype, please provide work samples, along with your resume to . If we think you’re a good fit as well, we’ll be in touch.