Front End Developer
Curse Inc. is seeking a talented and dedicated Front End Developer to be a part of the largest gaming resource property worldwide. Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be working and collaborating on projects with a small but experienced team of talented Designers, Developers and Product Managers to ensure design vision is maintained, final markup is lean, beautiful and semantic and UI deliverables are completed on time. Ideal candidates must provide extensive knowledge of HTML/CSS, product development skills and fit into a fast-paced, collaborative, fun and innovative environment.
You will need:
• A portfolio showcasing some of your awesome work
• A passion about HTML/CSS including semantic markup
• Mastery of cross-browser HTML and CSS
• Keep up with evolving web standards (HTML5, CSS3) and best practices
• Basic understanding of Photoshop ( Asset Handling )
• Ability to work collaboratively, iteratively with talented designers, engineers and product managers
• Contribute to ideation and concept development
• Understanding of best practices in UX and UI design
Would be pretty awesome to have these skills too:
• IPB, vBulletin and other CMS/Forum software
• .NET Framework
• 3+ years of professional HTML/CSS experience
• Jquery and Prototype knowledge
• A gamer!
Interested in applying? Awesome! Please send along your resume and cover letter. Be sure to share with us why you want to work at Curse and don’t forget to mention any side projects, open source contributions, and personal websites/blogs.
Curse is the #1 resource for core online gamers, and is the largest MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) property worldwide. Dedicated to delivering the tools and expertise gamers need to succeed in virtual worlds, Curse complements the core gaming experience with news, video, databases, wikis, forums, and add-ons.
As a media company focused on online play, Curse supports gamers throughout their entire life-cycle with a game. Whether players are looking for news about an upcoming release, add-ons for their favorite MMO, or the most successful RTS strategies, Curse is the online game enthusiast’s #1 resource.
How to apply