Front End Developer
Excellent Opportunity to join a leading online supplier within the UK arts cultural sector.
We’re looking to hire a great freelance front end developer to help us with our growing list of digital projects.
You will design and help develop web solutions from inception to delivery. Developing engaging user experiences using wireframes and working prototypes that support client business goals and helping them deliver compelling user journeys through well managed, high quality content, site architecture and interactivity.
You’ll be involved in client projects from the offset through to delivery, from discovery through to wireframing and prototyping and on into implementation.
A good understanding of content strategy is essential along with the ability to work with complex requirements and information architecture.
- Develop front-end design solutions for web and mobile (including touch screen)
- As the front end developer you will take visual layouts and convert them into working Prototype pages
- You will be incredibly knowledgeable in regards to UX/ UI development
- You will have good communication skills (both written and verbal) and solid people skills. Your day-to-day job will involve working with clients of different levels of technical ability, as well as domain experts from other fields
- You will have the ability to track and utilize time efficiently
- You will be able to prepare presentations for project and client approval whilst working as part of the overall team effort
- You’ll be responsible, dedicated, reliable, self-motivated and able to work as part of a distributed team
- You’ll have exceptional attention to detail, be able to learn quickly and have a general tenacity when it comes to the fast paced world of the web
Requirements – Expert Skill Level in:
Ability to hand code websites using HTML5 to the highest standards, working with supplied visuals designs. As such you will have expert skill levels in:
- Standards-compliant coding
- XHTML, CSS and cross-browser compatibility
- UI wire-framing (e.g. in Balsamiq, Mockflow and/ or pen & paper)
Requirements – Highly Desirable pluses:
- Familiar with database-driven websites
- Ability to work with backend Drupal developers and understanding of wider application of Drupal platform (mobile asset management, social media hub)
- Experience of Drupal Views and conversion of Prototypes into Drupal Themes
- Development of user-led content and IA strategies
- Ability to provide accurate development estimates and deliver programming work within agreed timescales
- Prioritise product development according to schedules and deadlines as specified by the Project Managers
- Experience with Subversion
- You’ll be able to provide online examples of prior work, have solid professional references, and have experience in Responsive Design
- You’ll have verifiable success in your previous work (preferably in the context of transactional websites)
- You’ll have a history of experience of working within a user experience process
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining our team of digital pioneers, please email your CV and cover letter with your rate to Brian: . Sorry, but we won’t consider resumes that don’t include both a CV and Rate requirements. We look forward to hearing from you :-)