Front End Developer
Paperless Post is looking for a creative front-end developer to architect and maintain paperlesspost.com, a site with over 10 million users. In this role you’ll be working on our main and mobile site, on jobs that range from simple fixes to weeks-long projects. You will get to work on a visually elegant site that puts a major emphasis and value on the front-end – your work here will be noticed and appreciated.
• Receive all front-end tasks, including new projects, current site updates and changes and bug fixes
• Work with the product team on project specs, providing input on the overall interface of the existing site and new feature development
• Receive Illustrator files from design team and slice images, if needed
• Convert design to HTML/CSS with the latest markups in a highly readable fashion
• Ensure the site supports older browsers (IE7 and up only)
• Commit your code in the Git Repo and hand off for implementation
• Use of CSS3 is encouraged, as the site does not need to look identical in all browsers
• Coding style that follows standard guideline
• Proven good judgment when it comes to implementing design
• Ability to make reusable, reusable, and fast CSS
• Experience using Illustrator
• HAML/SASS, Repository, jQuery, and Ruby knowledge a plus
• Mac OSX experience a plus
• Excellent communicator and collaborator
About Paperless Post
Paperless Post was founded in 2008 by a brother/sister team, James and Alexa Hirschfeld (one of Fast Company’s “Most Influential Women in Tech 2011”). We specialize in the intersection of technology and visual art, providing the tools to design graphical, interactive messages that redefine what stationery can be. Our users, ranging from top-tier cultural institutions to brides, trust us with everything from fundraisers to wedding invitations to thank you notes. We ship features that over 10 million people interact with, and we are able to focus on quality because the user pays us directly.
We care about pushing technology to its limits and creating a product that people actually use. We like to take ownership over our work, solve hard problems, and hang out with the occasional office dog. We don’t like brilliant jerks, endless meetings, or ads. We’re financially backed but also have a strong revenue model. That must be why there are always so many donuts in the kitchen.
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter (yes, cover letters are important) to . We look forward to meeting you.