Front-End Developer, Teach For America
The Front-end Developer works with Teach For America’s multimedia and online learning team to design and develop high-impact web solutions that deliver crucial multimedia training to our teachers and the 200 plus staff members who support them. This position reports to the Managing Director of Multimedia and Online Learning.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Manage all front-end web development-related responsibilities, including content and design updates, maintaining site templates, and related responsibilities
• Creatively partner with producers to design, code, and test new site features and the creation of proprietary web pages and sites
• Work with the partners in the organization to help develop our digital strategy and vision for multimedia and video products
• Manage a queue of requests for everyday and large-scale front-end development projects
• Implement and monitor site usage analytics tools across all supported sites
• Expertise coding standards-compliant XHTML/HTML and CSS
• Knowledge of Photoshop and a strong sense of design standards
• Experience with Drupal a strong plus
• Experience with Interaction Design a strong plus
• A positive attitude and a passion for creating beautiful and functional web applications
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science, web development, or a related field
• 1-3 years of experience in front-end web development, ideally including programming work
• Possesses a personal portfolio of web development-related projects
• Excellent organization, communication, flexibility and attention to detail
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
To apply for this position, please email a resume and a one-page cover letter including links to your online portfolio to email@example.com.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email a resume and a one-page cover letter including links to your online portfolio to .