Front-End Developer, Teach For America (Flexible, New York Preferred)
The Front-end Developer works with Teach For America’s in-house digital and design teams to design and code content on Teach For America’s website (www.teachforamerica.org) and related digital initiatives. The Front-end Developer is a new temp-to-permanent role that reports to the Managing Director of Digital Initiatives on Teach For America’s digital marketing team.
- Managing all front-end web development-related responsibilities
- Managing a queue of requests for everyday and large-scale front-end development projects
- Working with the Manager of Web Development to design, code, and test new site features
- Creating and updating page designs, wireframes, and graphics in consultation with in-house designers
- Customizing Google Analytics and Google Web Optimizer code
- Creating and implementing social media campaigns and features
- Coding HTML e-mails for marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science, web development, design, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in front-end web development
- A personal portfolio of web development-related projects, including designs you have created from scratch
- A positive attitude and a passion for creating beautiful and functional web pages and applications.
- Expertise coding standards-compliant XHTML/HTML and CSS
- Graphic design using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Expertise with Google Analytics, Google Web Optimizer or similar tools
- Familiarity with e-mail marketing tools and knowledge of cross-vendor compatibility (e.g. Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo)
- Illustration skills and a graphic design portfolio a strong plus
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Haml + Sass a strong plus
- Experience with a programming language and server setup is a plus.
To apply for this position, please email a resume and a one-page cover letter including links to your online portfolio to email@example.com