Freelance E-Commerce Web Designer
For more than 30 years, Northern Tool + Equipment has been the ultimate resource for contractors, automotive shops, grounds maintenance professionals, homeowners and serious do-it-yourselfers. We are a multi-million dollar retail, internet, and catalog powerhouse with strength and stability rivaled only by the exceptional products we sell. Our motivation to become the dominant force in serving our customers’ tool and equipment needs is driven by innovative products, out-standing customer service, growing sales and a highly-motivated work force.
Join our expert workforce as a Freelance E-Commerce Web Designer at our Corporate Headquarters in Burnsville, MN. Some of Northern’s core values include empowering the individual, acting with integrity and having fun.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Participates in the creation and development of features and promotions for web and email marketing communications.
3. Designs and creates graphic interface elements including, but not limited to, branding, images, colors, fonts, templates, layout, and navigation. Partners with the design and business teams to enhance the branding and usability of the site.
4. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
5. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
• At least a two year degree in web design/graphic design or related field.
• At least 3 years of related e-commerce web design experience.
• Prior training for Windows related software applications including PhotoShop, Illustrator, text editors and operating systems.
• Prior experience working within WebSphere Commerce and JSP a plus.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company personnel and outside vendors.
• Must be passionate about web design and e-commerce with the ability to recognize latest web design trends and usability.
Additionally, this Freelance position requires an individual to work 40 hours per week during regular business hours through the end of 2011.
We offer competitive pay and opportunities for growth in a team environment.
Northern is an equal employment opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace.
How to apply
To apply, please click on Corporate Careers at www.northerntool.com/careers and search openings at our Corporate Office.