Are you a developer, designer or project manager? Do you love what you do, and want to use your skills for good? We are seeking a new cohort of fellows for our 2015 Fellowship class, committed to discovering new ways that technology can help address the challenges that our governments face.
Modern technology tools and approaches can foster collaboration and build trust while helping cities better address the challenges they face. If you want to make a difference while doing what you love, this is your chance — use your skills to build technology that helps local governments work better for the communities that they serve.
Fellows and government staff work together to foster new approaches to problem solving, build apps and effectively use technology and data to address social issues. In past years, teams have worked on increasing access to social services, exploring alternatives to incarceration, and providing new avenues for public input.
Fellows come from a variety of backgrounds in technology. Some come from large well-known tech companies or startup environments, while others have experience working in Government or social impact organizations. All of our Fellows have a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the work that they do.
Why Become a CfA Fellow?
- Civic Technology Training. You will start with a crash course in municipal government and gain practical understanding of the vital intersection of government and technology.
- Connections. The biggest names in the tech industry and the civic technology movement will provide you with unparalleled networking, mentorship, and support.
- Professional Development. You will develop lasting relationships and learn new skills in a creative and fast-paced atmosphere.
- Exercise Creativity. Working in small teams with your government partners you’ll conduct user research and decide what you build and how you build it.
- A Labor of Love. You’ll not only accomplish a lot and make the world a better place, but you’ll have a lot of fun working with other passionate people.
How to apply
Applications are being accepted until July 15, 2015. This is an 11-month, full-time fellowship located in San Francisco. See http://codeforamerica.org/fellows for more information. Apply online at: codeforamerica.org/apply