Freelancers Union is not your typical nonprofit, and we look for not-your-typical employees. We’re a national membership organization that promotes the interests of independent workers through advocacy, education, and services. We’re collaborative, friendly, open-minded, adaptable, creative, and action-oriented, and we’re looking for people who share those qualities. We work in a fast-paced and fun environment, and we’re constantly exploring interesting new ideas.
We are seeking a talented FRONT-END DEVELOPER to walk the line between developer and designer. The Front-End Developer will also be involved in content updates and general maintenance of the website.
What you’d be doing:
• Leading the maintenance and re-imagining of current HTML/CSS
• Working closely with our information architect and our designers to turn mock-ups into working HTML/CSS prototypes.
Experience and skills you’d need to have:
• Expertise at creating clean and elegant HTML and CSS
• Prior experience creating maintainable cross-browser code from lo-fi wire-frames
• Familiarity with progressive enhancement techniques
• Experience with server side languages (we’re fond of Python)
• Experience with version control systems (like Subversion or git)
• Comfortable working in a *nix environment
• Aware of contemporary web performance techniques and analysis
• Experience with static site-generation tools such as webgen
• Experience with CSS frameworks (YUI grids, blueprint)
• Experience with dynamic stylesheets (we use LESS)
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining our team of entrepreneurial pioneers, please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: . Sorry, but we won’t consider resumes that don’t include both a cover letter and salary requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!