Freelancers Union is not your typical nonprofit, and we look for not-your-typical employees. We’re a national membership organization that promotes the interests of independent workers through advocacy, education, and services. We’re collaborative, friendly, open-minded, adaptable, creative, and action-oriented, and we’re looking for people who share those qualities. We work in a fast-paced and fun environment, and we’re constantly exploring interesting new ideas.
We are seeking a talented FRONT-END DEVELOPER to walk the line between developer and designer. The Front-End Developer will also be involved in content updates and general maintenance of the website.
What you’d be doing:
• Leading the maintenance and re-imagining of current HTML/CSS
• Working closely with our information architect and our designers to turn mock-ups into working HTML/CSS prototypes.
Experience and skills you’d need to have:
• Expertise at creating clean and elegant HTML and CSS
• Prior experience creating maintainable cross-browser code from lo-fi wire-frames
• Familiarity with progressive enhancement techniques
• Experience with server side languages (we’re fond of Python)
• Experience with version control systems (like Subversion or git)
• Comfortable working in a *nix environment
• Aware of contemporary web performance techniques and analysis
• Experience with static site-generation tools such as webgen
• Experience with CSS frameworks (YUI grids, blueprint)
• Experience with dynamic stylesheets (we use LESS)