Experienced Front End Web Developer
Make the world happy for five minutes a day.
Cheezburger is one of the world’s largest online humor and entertainment destinations with dozens of sites including ICanHasCheezburger?, FAILBlog, Memebase, and TheDailyWhat.
You will work on a team of passionate developers that implement the most modern and progressive web and software development practices. We are an Agile shop that embraces iterative development, test automation and continuous deployment, so all team members influence the direction of the product.
Our developer culture is all about having fun and getting stuff done. We work together to deliver the kind of software that we can feel proud of, yet joke around and laugh with each other all the while. It is not enough for individual programmers to be great; through a high level of mentoring and continuous improvement we strive to build great teams of technical professionals.
• Compensation is competitive and varies according to your level of experience and performance.
• Fully paid health, dental, and vision coverage (plus 50% coverage for family)
• The best tools money can buy, if you want it you got it
• Internet and mobile phone stipend
• Continuing education stipend (i.e. conferences, training sessions, etc.)
• Nearly all the books you want (including online-book-like-things)
• Free pictures of cats!
• Expertise with browser technologies and web development tools such as Selenium, Firebug, Fiddler/Wireshark, etc.
• Experience with Agile development practices
• Major plus: experience coding with MVC frameworks. (Regarding MVC: the most qualified candidates will be able to implement directly in the “V”, and it’s a triple-plus if you have experience with ASP.NET MVC.)
• Experience, but not expertise, using image manipulation software, such as Photoshop. Occasionally, you will be asked to create or modify images with these tools.
• A very high degree of intellectual curiosity. We’re inventing as we go along. We need people who constantly think about changing the world to be a better place and have the ambition to do it.
• A college degree or equivalent
Still reading? Here’s some more info about how we work. What intangible we look for in every applicant:
• Honesty and open-mindedness: Can you be honest, caring and put yourself in the other person’s shoes?
• Ambition and curiosity: We want you to leave Cheezburger a better person and a smarter professional.
• Passion for our mission: Make the world happy for 5-minutes a day.
Our Core Values:
• Openness: Integrity, open-mindedness and fairness about our actions and our business.
• Growth: Exceed ever higher standards. Professional growth.
• Happiness: Embody what we preach and don’t be a jerk to each other.
What do other people have to say about us:
• The New York Times declared that we’re a “web empire”.
• Our CEO was listed in the Top 100 Most Creative People in Business by Fast Company
• Our CTO was voted Seattle’s Best Startup Technologist.
• Voted top startup in Seattle by Seattle 2.0
• Cheezburger Mission: Make the world happy for five minutes a day.
• Our Blurb: Cheezburger is one of the world’s largest online humor and entertainment destinations with dozens of sites including ICanHasCheezburger?, FAILBlog, Memebase, and TheDailyWhat.