Experienced Freelance UX Designer for Interactive Nonprofit & Academia Firm
If you’re a design-minded UX expert who sees user experience as a brand story instead of process-flows and human-computer interaction, then we’d love to hear from you. And if you care about things like climate change, poverty, education, and healthcare, then we’ve got some projects to work on that you’ll probably find meaningful and rewarding.
MSDS (www.ms-ds.com) is a boutique branding and interactive agency that specializes in high-end user experiences for nonprofits, universities and education. Since 2000, we’ve dedicated ourselves to advancing the missions of cause-driven organizations who make the world a better place. We’ve a highly collaborative studio that emphasizes teamwork, strategic and creative thinking, and a commitment to creating superior work that helps move the world in a better direction.
We’re looking for a creative thinker who knows how to tell a brand’s story through content-centric wireframes; who knows how to structure a site around things like nonprofit missions, issue areas, programs, research and impact stories. Ideally you’re someone who worked as a designer and then decided you liked the UX side more. You’ve got to know how to interpret a brand’s goals and strategy, have a feel for content and visual design and then be able to combine them into a high-impact user experience.
- 5 years minimum interactive design experience
- B.A. or higher in related field
- Superior grasp of information architecture concepts and methods
- Demonstrated experience creating high-fidelity UX documents (wireframes, comps a plus)
- Expert interface design skills, strong grasp of graphic design fundamentals
- Understanding of responsive design principles
- Fluent with InDesign, Balsamiq or similar UX tools.
- Experience designing rich data visualizations a plus
- Experience with non-profits or academic institutions a plus