At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
The Experience Design team brings together research, strategy, systems thinking, user experience, and human centered design, to create amazing experiences for customers and help brands thrive.
Mission for this role:
Be an effective contributor to a cross-functional team to devise and deliver best in class digital experiences (websites, mobile apps) in the pharmaceutical category. Work effectively with account managers, strategists, and clients to understand client business objectives and end user needs and behaviors. Create thorough and effective documentation of digital experiences that are on-strategy and user-centric. Work with art directors and copywriters to see that those experiences are executed effectively. Support research partners to test our concepts, recommendations and designs with real users, as needed. Represent the user’s interests in all discussions and collaboration – including direct client interactions that may involve education, and advocacy, and selling recommendations.
Produce exceptional work that improves user engagement with the final product
● Create detailed, annotated wireframes that adhere to compliance and regulatory standards
● Deliverables should be thorough, accurate, and clearly communicate relevant behavior, functionality, and specifications
● Develop functional specifications for offshore development teams
● Advocate for user research (methods and subjects may vary by project)
● Keep wireframes and sitemaps up to date throughout the life of a project, as requirements evolve
Be the primary champion of UX practices in our New York office, while building trust among internal collaborators and external partners
● Work autonomously to create best in class digital experiences, with support from XD team members in Boston
● Partner closely with art directors and copywriters to ensure designs are aligned with intended behavior
● Support the account team for any necessary compliance reviews and create materials accordingly
● Provide internal and client side education of UX best practices for user-centric design
● Present work persuasively to various groups including internal teams, external development partners, and multiple client stakeholders
Continue to develop professional skills and key competencies, and share knowledge and perspective with the Experience Design department
● Contribute to the department’s shared knowledge of best practices, insights, and the latest ideas/tools/work from the industry via regular departmental communication (team meetings/presentations, Slack, wikis, etc)
● Previous experience in DTC pharma category
● Experience partnering with offshore development teams and external partners
● Analytical skills
● Meticulous attention to detail
● Flexibility and adaptability
● Empathy (for peers, clients, users)
● Low ego
● Google Drive (docs, sheets, forms)
● Keynote or PowerPoint
● Desired: JIRA