Enterprise Solutions Manager
Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation is a private family foundation dedicated to transforming the lives of children living in urban poverty through better health and education. Pragmatic, disciplined and innovative in our approach and global in our perspective, the foundation seeks to concentrate resources where there is opportunity to achieve direct, measurable, replicable and lasting systemic changes that improve a significant numbers of lives.
We distribute over $100 million annually with current work, primarily in the United States and India while expanding into South Africa. We are focused in three areas:
Urban Education – improve education environments in urban areas to better student performance and increasing access to quality education through driving Performance Management in urban districts, encouraging innovation through charter schools, developing school leadership, and offering college scholarships in the U.S; and improving primary education and literacy in India.
Childhood Health – to improve access to quality health care, instill healthy lifestyles and behaviors to stem childhood obesity and Type 2 diabetes, and foster world-class applied pediatric health research in the U.S.; and globally, to support international organizations working to provide access to basic health services, clean water and sanitation in underdeveloped areas.
Family Economic Stability– to encourage economic and social progress, life skills development and basic health for India’s urban poor through accessible, affordable financial product like loans, savings, transfer services and other financial and support services.
Additionally, we feel a special responsibility to the underserved in our home state and support statewide initiatives and non-profit programs addressing Education, Childhood Health & Fitness and Childhood Safety issues in Central Texas.
The foundation has its headquarters in Austin, Texas in the United States, and liaison offices in Delhi, India, and Cape Town, South Africa. Additional information may be found at our web site: www.msdf.org
Current Opportunity – Enterprise Solutions Manager
The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation is currently interviewing for an Enterprise Solutions Manager. The Enterprise Solutions Manager is responsible for the selection, configuration, integration, deployment, maintenance and support of the foundation’s technology tools that support the following:
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resources
- External Communications, including the foundation’s multiple public websites
- Internal Communications and Collaboration, including the foundation’s internal SharePoint sites
- Contact Management
- Application Development
- Test Automation
In addition, the manager has various department management responsibilities including budget forecasting, resource planning, personnel management, contract negotiation, and vendor management. The manager is supported by a small staff of three technology managers with functional expertise in website development, SharePoint, Business Contact Manager, and test automation tools. The Enterprise Solutions Manager will work within the Technology Team under the leadership of the Technology Director.
- Design and maintain the foundation’s overall technology systems concept map
- Evaluate new technologies and practices, make well-informed recommendations, and facilitate the future planning for the foundation’s technology environment
- Work with multiple groups across the foundation and collect, review, prioritize, negotiate, and communicate business requirements to build effective technology solutions
- When necessary, drive process definition to improve the productivity and efficiency of the organization
- Develop and drive project schedules, negotiate and communicate milestone plans, track progress toward deliverables, manage dependencies, and direct deployment
- Work with the Product Development team and the Technology Operations team to ensure a consistency of deployed technologies, configurations, and practices with a strong focus on balancing the conflicting goals of scalability, maintainability, redundancy, cost, and flexibility.
- Participate in software deployments in various capacities, including the troubleshooting of blocking issues as needed.
Desired Technical Skills and Experience
- Previous experience leading the selection, implementation and maintenance of Enterprise software solutions including tools to support HR, Finance and Accounting
- Experience managing the development, deployment, and support of customer-facing websites using content management systems
- Experience with collaboration and productivity technologies, specifically SharePoint
- Participation in several full software product development and deployment cycles in their previous positions
- Understanding and experience with customer-facing ASP.NET web applications and object oriented development practices
- Experience with web application load balancing technologies and techniques using the Microsoft technology platform
- Knowledge of Windows server technology in a virtualized environment; knowledge of Linux server technology is a plus
- Knowledge of database development concepts, particularly with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with quality assurance methodologies and test automation tools
- 10+ years in Technology management for a results-oriented organizational setting
Other Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and implement best-in-class solutions for their business partners
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and drive process and tool definition to improve the efficiency of the organization
- An ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization as needed, from business users to executive leaders
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines within an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated willingness to own the total problem and drive resolution regardless of responsibility
- Outstanding organization, problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience.